The Harpenden Skinfold Caliper is the de facto standard body fat assessment device due to it being used in numerous clinical studies over the last 25 years. Many of these studies have become benchmarks themselves for the study of obesity and body composition analysis hence the Harpenden skinfold caliper is the research measurement tool of choice.
The Harpenden Skinfold Caliper is engineered to extremely precise standards and calibrated to traceable standards. Recent enhancements to the caliper include an increased jaw opening to facilitate measurement up to 80mm, which makes them suitable for both the measurement of skin folds and the girth measurement of small joints such the condyle processes at the ankle, wrist, knee and elbow i.e. a small anthropometer.
- High quality precision engineered gauge for the measurement of skin folds
- Jaw designed specifically for measurement of skin folds up to 80mm
- Constant pressure load throughout the full range of measurement
- Contact tips are shaped and sized to ensure constant specified pressure
- Contact tips are manufactured in stainless steel for use in clinical environments
- Resolution of measurement 0.2mm
- Recalibration Available
- Range: 0 – 80mm
- Graduation: 0.2mm
- Measuring Pressure: 10 gms/mm2 (constant over range)
- Class 1A Medical Device
- Accuracy: 99.00%
- Repeatability: 0,20 mm